Welcome to Mortimer St Mary’s C of E Junior School!
We are so pleased to hear that you and your child will be joining us at school in September and we do hope that we will be able to welcome you to our school very soon.
We are so sorry that we are not able to offer you the opportunities that we normally offer our new entrants at this present time. Welcoming our new children and their families into our school is a very exciting time for us and we will be doing everything possible to ensure that your child settles well into Mortimer St Mary’s and the new academic year.
We hope that you enjoy our website and new Year 3 web page. We are proud of our school and are looking forward to you joining our school family.
Mrs Nicola Sumner
When you join year 3, you will be in
Jupiter, or in Saturn!
Meet your year 3 teachers!
Hello my name is Miss Eyre and I am the Class Teacher in Jupiter Class!
Here is some information about me:
- I absolutely love reading! My favourite books are the Harry Potter series, but I also really loved Jacqueline Wilson as an author when I was growing up.
- I always wanted to be an author when I was younger, but grew up to want to share my love of learning as a teacher.
- My favourite things to do are to spend time with my family and friends, and watching films.
- I like to go for walks and appreciate all of the beautiful nature around us.
- I have a pet hamster, but I love all animals.
Our school is a great learning environment and we have lots of fun being mathematicians, writers, scientists, designers and many other things! We’ve recently made a reading area in Jupiter Class, so I’m very excited for you all to come and try that out!
Hello my name is Miss Guest and I am the Class Teacher in Saturn Class.
Here is some information about me:
- Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to be a teacher! I used to make my brother play ‘schools’ with me at home! We had exercise books and everything!
- I love animals and am mad about dogs- they are my favourite animal! I spent a couple of years volunteering at Battersea Dogs Home when I was studying at university.
- My favourite things to do are spending time with family and friends, going to the cinema and baking!
- My favourite authors when growing up were Roald Dahl and Jacqueline Wilson (just like Miss Eyre!). David Walliams also makes me laugh out loud when I read his books!
Meet your year 3 teaching assistants!
Hello my name is Mr Field and I am one of the Year Three Teaching Assistants!
I have always worked with children, either academically, in a caring social working environment or as a play leader. I now run the Big Oaks after school club.
I enjoy boxing and football, and love sunshine!
I care about the environment.
I have three daughters and one son.
Hello my name is Mrs Lane and I am one of the Year Three Teaching Assistants.
I really enjoy spending time with family and friends, walking and watching films.
We are very excited to welcome you all to Mortimer St Mary’s and Year 3! Before you find out if you will be in Jupiter Class or Saturn Class next year, for now you be ‘Little Stars’. We have created this special page to explain what to expect from Year 3 and the exciting learning that we will get up to.
In the meantime, please can you send us a video, PowerPoint or poster introducing yourself to let us get to know you a bit better. Send this to email@example.com. You could tell us:
- Your name
- Your favourite subject(s)
- Your likes and dislikes
- About your family
We look forward to hearing from you and can’t wait to meet you!
Miss Eyre and Miss Guest